Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Farmer Formerly Known as Pregnant



Ha! I'm back for a quick minute, on Mother's Day, and soon after little D's 6-month bday!

Things have been AMAZING; he is so sweet and fun and funny. Ger and I have such an extraordinary, brilliant time with him; what a life!


Not to say it isn't all so very exhausting and challenging too. I've been back at work for 3 months. My return could have gone better, could have gone worse. But spring has sprung, the momentum of the growing season is building, and I think Mercury is finally out of retrograde. So that's all good.


After D's birth, I got a card that said something to the effect of, "Cherish every moment, even the sleepless, crying fits in the middle of the night. It's all so fleeting." Another friend shared, for times of distress, "The days [and nights] are long, but the years go by fast. This too shall pass, Mama."


Sometimes it is hard to enjoy every moment. To take the challenges in stride, and with grace. But wow, looking back you realize how fast the past 6 months have gone, how INCREDIBLY MUCH he has CHANGED. It's overwhelming, and so very heartbreaking to say goodbye to all these phases of our life together, goodbye to all his former selves as he evolves into this new guy with new tricks, every week, month, etc. It is all such a gift; and in order to really honor it you need to be aware, present, and in awe, at all times, because it is all changing SO MUCH ALL THE TIME. I imagine my heartstrings are just going to be all effed up till the end of time. I'm so moved; so grateful to be a mom, to be his mom. Love love love. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment