Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Guesstimates

Most people have been saying we're having a boy, based on how I carry, dreams they've had, or just how they feel or what they want.

And a lot of people have been saying my baby will be small b/c I've remained so small. But I still thought I'd have a good 8 pounder or so. I don't know why. Just thought I'd grow a big baby.

Today the midwife gave a guess based on feel... and she said she thought the babe might be 5.5 or 6 lbs! Ha!! That's so tiny! She said it'd be a little bigger by birth, but I've heard that babies don't grow that much more in the last few weeks. I'm not sure I'm really feeling her guesstimate, even though it could make labor easier. That just seems so small!

The other option is that I'm just really good at hiding a bigger baby, which is what I've been thinking. But who knows?! Speculating is fun. Had I gone with my gut, no outside influences, I would have said I thought it was going to be a girl (I think?!), around 8 lbs. and born before my due date. I just asked Gerard. He says boy, 7 lbs., and early as well. We'll keep you posted. =)

1 comment:

  1. It will actually be between what you think and Gerard thinks, for sure. I'd say, at a minimum a 7 lbs. infant, at least.

    ReplyDelete