Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ouch

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/pelvic-pain.aspx


Talk about a world of hurt. I learned about symphysis pubic disfunction a while back, and have been experiencing symptoms, but they're getting worse. Definitely can't put pants on standing up, roll over in bed, etc. I have to try the exercises the chiro showed me.

Was also getting more sciatic pain at work Friday, really sharp pains down my right side and they got so bad at home. Not even walking, just sitting, my leg was just cramping up so bad.

I never knew how physically challenging being pregnant was. Pregnant women deserve a lot of credit, and support. This doesn't mean they have to be babied 24/7, but they deserve a lot of credit and compassion. And babying when needed. =) When I first got pregnant, some people wanted to do everything for me... it made me feel silly, because I was still me, I wasn't sick or hurt. I think it is great how strong I've remained and how much I can still do physically. Pregnant women shouldn't feel like they have to stop doing everything they're used to doing. Just be aware that things will change, often drastically, especially as the pregnancy progresses.

The list of symptoms during pregnancy is endless. Sciatic pain, back pain, swelling, foot pain, hemmoroids, heartburn, fatigue, shortness of breath, constipation, frequent urination, headaches, insomnia, etc. And these are relatively common, not the exception. By the end of the pregnancy, you are circulating 50% more blood through your system. This has a pretty significant effect on the body. Not to mention your hormones are out of control. I feel lucky to have remained smaller, and in shape, but am still experiencing many of these symptoms. I think a lot of people just think you get morning sickness in the first trimester, and then it's all good. Being pregnant is really really hard. HUGE, AMAZING THINGS are happening to, and changing your body. I don't mean to complain, just want to share. Because I was pretty naive about it prior to having gone through it.


Anyway, I still need to take it back a notch at work I think. I have heard, and am starting to realize, how much more difficult this last month can be. Ay dios mio.

On a lighter note, Gerard and I went on a date in the city last night. Celebrating our anniversary belatedly. We went to Osteria for dinner, which was great, and then a movie at the Ritz. It was so fun. We never go on dates anymore, and probably won't anytime soon. I felt beautiful and we laughed so much. I love my baby daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment