Monday, July 26, 2010

Mondays... blegh!

The weekend in NY was great, really nice to see old friends. It was ridiculously hot though... we just went from one air conditioned place to another: restaurant to movie theatre to bookstore to beer garden to restaurant, etc.

Then it was back to the grind. Mondays have always been hard for me... the start of the work week. I'm still tired, feel like I haven't rested enough over the weekend, thinking about all the work that lies ahead. It's getting especially more challenging as my pregnancy woes reach a fever-pitch. Fatigue, back/sciatic pain, shortness of breath, heartburn, what-have-you. I don't always want to be moaning about being a pregnant farmer, b/c it's also amazing and I'm really proud. But it's tough. Especially on Mondays. =)

We did get a lot done today, even though I felt like I was moving slow. And we had much nicer weather than we've had in a while. Gotta be grateful for that. But I was still in a funk. And by the end of the day, I was trying to just enjoy the U-Pick garden and get some things for a nice home-cooked dinner, when I got sandwiched between some sunflowers and some cherry tomatoes and I got stung by a bumblebee!

As if that wasn't enough, I got ready to go, and realized my purse and keys had been accidentally locked in the office. I had no way to get in the office and no way to start my car to head home. I just wanted to go home! I had to wait for Gerard to come with a key, and dinner plans were subsquently foiled as I lost too much time and did not have the energy to start dinner after all that. Gerard's plans for Dragon Boat practice were also foiled. We are eating pizza and fries (sorry baby) as I write and going to watch TV. Sorry Ger, and thanks!

I can't believe how much worse the day got as it went on! But the thing with these funks is, the negativity breeds more negativity. I know this; but sometimes it's hard for me to get out of it. I feel like on some level, I willed the bee sting and the car lockout with my bad attitude. C'est la vie. I'm hoping to fall asleep tonight, sleep well and wake up with a new attitude. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment