Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Physical and Mental Health Day

I couldn't sleep more than a few hours last night so when my alarm went off at 5:30 and I felt like hell I decided to call and let everyone know I'd be coming in late. This is not my style; I feel bad, it feels wierd. But this is what pregnant farmers have to do! (Or even just ordinary people who want to take care of themselves).

Anywho, I went in later, had a pretty low impact day, though I was able to get completely drenched in sweat as we had another 90+, humid day. And apparently they're calling for more heavy rain (which probably won't cool anything down b/c that's the new norm). This isn't what Aby and I need or want at the farm. Ah well.

Then I left a little early becuase I had scheduled an urgent chiropractic appointment to try to deal with my sciatica. The doc specializes in perinatal chiropractic work. I haven't had chiropracty in a while, but it went really well. We talked a lot about posture changes I might try to make, as well as just simply slowing down and being mindful of what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. Basically he just reiterated that my body is kind of falling apart a little due to the increase in relaxin in my body. Certain muscles can't do what they used to and other muscles/ligaments are trying to compensate, resulting in tension and overstretching. I feel a lot better than before I went in, and will set up more appointments as needed/the budget will allow.

After that I quickly stopped by the grocery store to pick up some odds and ends. Impulse buys while there: baked organic cheese puffs, natural grapefruit soda, and Armenian string cheese (the most delicious stuff on earth!). YUM!

Home for a quick shower and then back out for a hair appointment. My hair feels liberated and smells like the salon's delicious Moroccon musky shampoo... what an amazing turn-around in my day.

I feel grounded and at peace. Wishing the same for all of you. Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment