Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hace Calor

What we accomplished today, in the 95 degree heat:

Harvested 2 big tubs of chard, and 2 big tubs of kale/collards.
Planted a bed of bok choi and other Asian greens.
Harvested 134 heads of lettuce.
Harvested 5 rows of tomatoes (almost 1000 plants)
Seeded a bed of arugula.
Moved and set up irrigation.
Washed and cooled all produce, sorted tomatoes.
Prepared the share room.
Ate lunch.
Mowed.
Did office work.
Thinned kale.
Seeded a bed of spinach and a bed of lettuce mix.
Seeded 2 beds of peas.
Turned compost.
Covered newly planted bed with row cover.
I'm sure I'm missing a few things.

Now I'm home, feel like I can't do anything.
Seriously, showering is a chore.
And I can't stop eating jelly beans.
I can't imagine how much sugar I just consumed.
Tomorrow is supposed to be 97 degrees.
Pray for us. =)
And if you see me in the grocery store after work, hide the jelly beans!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are amazing. After my harvest this morning, I hid out under the fan in my home, convincing myself that seeding a day later wouldn't make any difference. Good luck tomorrow! Love, Caitlin

    ReplyDelete