Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tired Tuesday

I couldn't sleep past 3 a.m. last night so my day didn't start off great. I mean, the day wasn't particularly bad, I was just hella tired and I was pretty beat yesterday as well. Amy let me hang in the share room while she did some more of the field work this afternoon, which was really nice and a big help. Thanks Amy!

We've skipped the sleepy teas the past couple nights and I think they make a big difference. Maybe they put the baby to sleep too... his/her incessant kicking doesn't help my sleep situation. =) I have acupuncture tonight which always is quite relaxing, I'm getting the beautiful baby treatment at the acupuncture appointment which happens at the transition between trimesters and is said to ensure a healthy baby and also helps the momma through calming the mind and building the blood. The point is translated as "guest-building," perhaps meaning the little guest inhabiting my body right now, and is stimulated with a golden needle! Very special! So with the acupuncture, plus some hops-mint-lavender sleepy tea Gerard already brewed up, I should be in good shape for a solid rest tonight.

Despite my sleepy stupor, I was still inspired to do a little picking at the farm at the end of the day. Gorgeous cherry tomatoes, raspberries, blackberries, and some really nice sunflowers that just started blooming. Grateful for the work I do, and the abundant beauty I help create and deeply benefit from.

No comments:

Post a Comment