Friday, August 13, 2010

Kingdom Come

I've always been pretty mininimalist when it comes to my bed. We have a full, that just sits on the box spring on the floor. No fancy bedding, 1 pillow a person. That kind of thing.

We've outgrown that bed though. I was getting really bummed as Gerard had to start moving to the futon or the floor, and we were both losing more sleep these past few weeks.

We were in the insane land of Ikea last night, and bought a super comfy KING size mattress and a frame (yay! extra storage under the bed). We are so psyched. I had reservations about a king; it felt so decadent and over-the-top. But it is hard to tell much difference between a full and queen. A queen's actually only 6 inches wider, surprisingly.

I've been taking up more room with my pregant body, plus I have to use all these extra body pillows to help with my aches and pains. There's been lots of tossing and turning on my end. And, we don't really want to cosleep with the baby, but figure he/she will be in the bed a fair amount of the time... so we went for it. I'm also hoping it will be a better mattress for my back/neck. I feel like I'm going to want to live in my new bed, so HAPPY!

Can't wait to set it up! Ger has to put the frame together, and the mattress is outgassing on the balcony, to air out noxious chemicals and odors. The anticipation is killing us both!

No comments:

Post a Comment